Published on 14 July 2021
The Global Engagement Network on Internal Displacement in Africa (GENIDA) is an international collaborative project on internal displacement geared towards creating a platform for critical research dialogue and engagement on development of sustainable solutions to internal displacement in Africa in close partnership with local CSOs across the continent.
GENIDA is looking for a production studio or agency to produce a documentary in order to raise attention, advocate, and trigger local awareness and political discussion on the state of IDPs, especially the most vulnerable displaced persons, including women suffering from violence and separated and unaccompanied children and the need for their sustainable integration.
The film should be empathy driven, moving and inspirational produced in English, with French subtitles, at highest market quality standards, high-definition, fast paced and colourful, with clean stylistic touches told mainly from the perspective of IDPs with inputs from local communities.
The contractor will deliver the following:
- An inception report that will include: the implementation strategy, plus a detailed production and post-production schedule for filming process; a draft script including proposed interview questions of the documentary;
- Raw footages captured in project areas and first cut of the documentary on DVD for comments;
- A documentary film with one long version and two short country-focused version segments, and a presentation of the documentary film to the Project team;
- 5 copies each of the final films (long and short versions) to be delivered in DVDs and VCDs (soft copies on google drive).
Note: The minimum standards for the video quality are as follows: frame size and image dimensions 1440 pixels wide x 1080, Base temps 25 ips, Variable Bit Rate 18,50 Mbits/s max, Screen Aspect Ratio 16:9, Interlacing Compatible version.
Other appropriate formats that enables the films to be uploaded to GENIDA and partners’ websites, YouTube, flickers, etc in five working days from receipt of final Project team’s comments and clearance.
The assignment is to last two months starting on the 17th August 2021, should be finalized by 19th October 2021). The Inception report, including the implementation strategy and detailed production and post-production schedule and a draft script is due on 17th August 2021. Detailed timeframe will be agreed after the Inception meeting, following the submission of the Inception report.
Selection process and evaluation criteria
There will be two-step selection process. Based on the following evaluation criteria, three shortlisted team(s) with highest points will be invited to present their concept to the Project team. The winning offer will be selected after the presentation of the 3 teams and will be evaluated as follows:
- Expertise of the company: DVD samples of previous works of similar nature as well as full list of productions completed and in process, including references from previous clients: 20%.
- Brief presentation of the team, with CVs and functional responsibilities of the key people to be engaged in the production of the documentary: 20%
- Proposed methodology, approach (creative and innovative ideas) and brief implementation plan with proposed timeframe for pre-production and postproduction: 40%.
- Financial proposal – break-down of all estimated costs, including estimated days of shooting, production team, days of editing, travel costs, music, etc.: 20%
Please note that all costs, including transport and translation, should be included in the total sum, no additional payments will be made outside of the total budget.
Bidding procedure and the deadline for submission of bid
The bidding proposal should include:
- Proposal including methodology, approach (setting out creative and innovative ideas) brief implementation plan with proposed timeframe for pre-production, post-production
- Financial proposal – break-down of all estimated costs, including estimated days of shooting, production team, days of editing, travel costs, music, etc.
- Brief presentation of the team, with CVs and functional responsibilities of the key people to be engaged in the production of the documentary.
- and links to previous works of similar nature not more than 2 years old and list of references from previous clients.
Please include budget categories (preparation, production, post-production and other) and specific subcategories.
All bids need to be submitted no later than 9th August 2021, at 17:00 in electronic version, to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. Presentation of the proposals of the three shortlisted candidates will be organised and communicated accordingly. Only shortlisted contractors will be contacted.